1. Texas CHL / LTC class (Chandler / Tyler, TX) See info below
2. Introduction to Handguns 101 See info below
3. Defensive Handgun 201 See info below
4. Teacher / Office / Church Safety See info below
5. Advanced Handgun 301 See info below
We offer: Co-Ed / Women Only / Youth & Private classes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Discounts for Law Enforcement family members / Veteran / Masonic / Church Groups
Learn to Protect yourself and your family. The police are just minutes away when you have seconds to make a decision.
The reality is: The only thing that stops violence is the threat of greater violence.
1. Texas CHL / LTC (License to Carry) classes offered week day mornings & Sunday afternoons. About 4 hrs of classroom time with 30 minutes on the shooting range. This is the required class needed to gain your permit to carry a handgun in Texas. It teaches the 'Legal Aspect' of carrying a handgun and the 'Use of Deadly Force' while testing your proficiency in shooting. See link to DPS below to start your paperwork. This class does NOT teach you how to 'shoot' your handgun. See the next course for that. You will need to complete the on-line application with DPS and get finger printed. This can be done before or after the class. DPS fees are $140 for normal app. - $70 for 60 yrs old plus. - $25 for Veterans. (you'll need your DD-214) Check the calendar at the bottom of the Home Page for the next class date & time. If you don't see a class date or time that fits your needs, please call. Minimum 2 people per class.
Cost: $75* (2 ~ 30 people per class)
Wish to have the class @ your home, office or church? No problem. Classroom portion can be done about anywhere.
Texas Department of Public Safety link
2. Introduction to Handguns 101 class offered by appointment. 3~4 hrs total with classroom and range time. Learning the Safety, Proper Handling, Storage, Cleaning and actual 'Shooting' of your handgun is taught in this class that will take you from never touching a gun, to hitting the target on your first day that will make you confident in handling your handgun. This is a must for first time shooters and NOT taught in the CHL / LTC class, but will gain you the skills needed to pass it. 1 in 5 women will be assaulted to some extent in their lives. Learn to protect yourself and whats yours. You will need at least 50 rounds of ammo for the class, but more is recommended. (Students typically shoot 75~100 rounds) If you have not decided on a handgun type or caliber yet, we have rentals you can try and see whats right for you. We do not recommend micro guns (purse guns) for this class, but they will do if that's what you have. For a printable PDF of this - click here
Cost: $150* ($250 for couples)
3. Defensive Handgun 201 8 hours total with the majority of time spent on the range shooting. This class is for the student who is comfortable with their firearm and would like to learn how to handle it in a defensive situation. This class will cover: Safe handling, dry practice, stance & grip, trigger control, proper drawing (open & concealed), after action drills, malfunctions, standard response, failure to stop, shooting under time pressure and introduce you to door / wall clearing in our live fire shoot house. To download the PDF - click here. There will be a skills test and equipment inspection required before you can sign up for this class. For the required equipment - click here
Cost: $200* (2~6 people per class)
(cooked to order lunch for sale on-site)
4. Teacher / Office / Church Safety course 18 hours total over two days. The legislative purpose for this course is to teach individuals how to defend a class, office or church against an 'active shooter'. The target audience is teachers who carry handguns in their classrooms, office workers protecting their location or armed safety personnel at your church. This is not a license to carry course... It's a minimum of 16 hrs of training with classroom and significant shooting. It won't make the students 'gun fighters', but it will make them think and give them direction when they hear the first rounds going off or hopefully recognizing a possible threat before it happens. The course is taught in a defensive handgun style on the first day then transitioning over to security and protection as the main objective is to have options to avoid the shooter and get people out to safety. (escape & evade) Fighting is the last resort, but if needed, you will gain the skills to do so in this class. There are prerequisites and minimum skills required to take this class. Please call or stop by to discuss your needs.
Click here to download a PDF about this class.
Cost: $500* (1~4 people per class)
5. Handgun 301 8 hours total class time with the majority of it spent on the range. We will work on advanced techniques to introduce you to the real world of defending yourself. This class will cover:
After action drills adding the SUL position, drawing from the holster and shooting under time pressure, response left, right & behind, engaging multiple threats, shooting while moving, malfunctions -one handed, close contact engagement, door / wall clearing in our live fire shoot house. To download the PDF - click here. Prerequisite for this class is graduating as a 'Distinguished Graduate' from Nomads 201 above, Distinguished Graduate certificate from Front Sight's 4 day defensive handgun or a skills test before signing up.
Cost: $275* (2 ~6 people per class)
(cooked to order lunch for sale on-site)
For a list of our rental guns, click here.
Call, text or email with questions any time.
903-617-9777 cell / text
Classes are by appointment. Range hours are posted on home page and front gate. Gold members can shoot as early as 0830.
Our address is: 8480 CR 3408, Chandler, TX. 75758
We are located 5 miles South of Chandler, 12 miles West of Tyler. Directions on home page.
Do not bring Armor piercing, tracers or other incendiary ammunition
*A deposit of at least half class cost is required to reserve your seat. Classes may be rescheduled but not refunded after 48 hrs. Class dates may be moved if student quantity needs adjusting.
Your Hosts: Dennis & Paula Weimer
Texas Personal Protection Officer
Texas Commissioned Security Officer
Texas DPS License to Carry Instructor
Distinguished Graduate: *Defensive Handgun 2017
Graduate: *Tactical Handgun 2017
*Front Sight Firearms Institute - Las Vegas, NV
Federal Firearms License 5-75-12289
NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Life member
TSRA Business Member
Oath Keepers associate member
Athens, Tyler, Chandler, Whitehouse, Bullard, LTC / CHL, License to Carry class